CPVA - CALGARY POLICE VETERANS ASSOCIATION
COVERAGE FOR OUR RETIRED CALGARY POLICE VETERANS
Are you over 65 without benefits or turning 65 soon?
Is Travel and Health and Dental coverage important to you?
The CPVA group benefits plan is for you.
The stability of CPVA group benefits plan has no restrictions if transferring from a comparable plan within 60 days. Pre-existing conditions* are also covered when transferring from another plan.
*Travel coverage includes pre-existing conditions if stable for 180 days (under 75) or 365 days (over 75).
WHY CHOOSE CPVA HEALTH & DENTAL COVERAGE?
The Members plan provides protection for travel, health needs, dental, prescription drugs, and vision care plus additional coverages.
A health plan designed for CPVA members and their spouses.
SNOWBIRD CPVA TRAVEL PLAN
Add on CPVA Snowbird Coverage, just contact us and we will help you set up your CPVA-specific Snowbird coverage today!
CPVA MEMBER FAQ's
HOW TO MAKE A CPVA TRAVEL INSURANCE CLAIM
For information before you travel, contact GMS’s travel assistance service at one of the numbers below:
Tel: 1.800.459.6604 – USA / Canada
Tel: 1-905.762.5196– Outside of USA & Canada
** Please check on how to dial an international call to Canada from the area you will be in before you go.
*Immediately, or as soon as possible, you must notify GMS of any situations for coverage to begin.
- Whenever possible, contact GMS before obtaining treatment or medical care outside your province of residence. You will be directed to the physician, clinic or hospital that is able to provide the emergency care you need.
- Understand you may talk to different GMS representatives on each call based on shifts the claim personnel work, so very important to keep detailed notes.
- You need to provide the group and certificate numbers specified on your travel insurance card when calling. Bring your GMS travel card with you on the trip.
If you have not contacted GMS at time of claim, you need to do so as soon as you get home to begin the claim process.
- Make sure to keep the original detailed invoice(s), medical reports and proof of payment.
- Be assertive and call GMS to confirm any questions you have.
- Record all names, phone number and conversations of who you talked to at GMS.
- Keep copies of all documents – no matter how minor.
- Make detailed notes of all conversations.
- Always confirm with GMS the next step you should be taking. Write down what they suggest.
- If, GMS doesn’t call back, to your time schedule, be sure to call GMS again to keep claim moving forward.
Summary: To assist GMS with their understanding of your claim, employees can help by providing Accurate Information; by understanding their Policy; travelling with Proof of Insurance; notifying GMS when a claim situation arises and provide all requested documentation related to their claim including claim receipts.